Getting Ready for Spring
The snow is gone and warm days outdoors are ahead. Spring is an important time to check for maintenance or repairs that are needed.
Winter can be rough on your property. Catch small issues before they possibly become big problems.
- Trim shrubs and trees.
- Check garden hoses for cracks or leaks.
- Clean out sandboxes.
- Check mailbox for old beehives.
- Research and create a lawn fertilizer plan.
- Plant and landscape.
Please remember, before you start digging call 811 for Diggers Hotline.
14 Secret Landscaper Tips & Tricks HGTV
- Check foundation and masonry for cracks or erosion.
- Check roof for winter damage.
- Clean out gutters and downspout.
- Inspect siding and trim.
- Check window sills, door sills and thresholds.
- Clean window and door screens after cleaning.
- Have HVAC professionally cleaned and checked.
- Clean out dryer vent.
- Check smoke and carbon dioxide detectors.
- Check decks, patios, porches, stairs, and railings for cracks or rot.
Spending time on home maintenance is time well spent. It helps keep your investment safe, and can make your home an enjoyable place to be.